I have a desire to go further into detail about who I am because I feel like I am just meeting me:)I feel like I need to outwardly express my values system. For the last couple weeks, I’ve been distressing over who I am. Who am I? As an individual, as a woman, as a Christian, as a writer, as an adult? I always used to think that I wanted to reflect someone whose personality could be easily cut up and put into a nice little shoe box. I now know that frankly, I’m a messy person.
That mess is something I want to incorporate a set list of values into. A functional “messy” person is my sole aspiration as of right now. Compiling a set list of values greatly organizes my life I feel and values say so much about a person. With that being said, I need to make a list outlining my values. This does not put me in a nice little shoe box, rather I see organizing my values more as a growth process. I imagine trampling through a garden in search of myself. With that being said, my values are as follows:
- I am a follower of God, (Christ is the lover of my soul)
- I am a working girl! (Franchise Times is a great magazine to start with in my field!)
- I am a creative soul, (I enjoy drawing/ writing/reading/ designing on a daily basis)
- I am an introvert. (People are nice, but I love having the day to myself. )
- I am a daughter. (Of the King, of a loving father and mother who have failed in many areas but have succeeded in a lot with my upbringing)
I plan to go into each of these areas in my future blog posts, so keep your eyes peeled!