“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
This quote has smacked me right between the eyes every time I’ve come across it. I’ve frequently debated whether or not my life is moving in the right direction. First and foremost, it seems imperative to reflect on this quote simply as “worldly wisdom.” God instills boundaries and “bowlines” in us for His glory and for our freedom found in Him- this life IS NOT about us!
With this being said, it seems more then appropriate to first determine what it is that I want:
I want a God-honoring life, first and foremost.
- I want to have a more conscientious soul.
- I want to hold a more empathetic soul.
- I need more of a supportive soul.
- I also need to surround myself with others like this.
- I pray for a noticeably more caring soul.
- As well as a loving soul.
- I want to have an environmentally-friendly soul that assists in sustaining a beautiful world for future generations to experience the glory of our God.
I also want to help people.
I write these things because I AM striving to live out these traits with God-given ability.
Plain as day. Feel free to talk to me about anything. Please.